If you’re someone who is interested in using herbs for daily health and balance, but aren’t sure you want to make a serious commitment, step into the pages of Dawn’s popular book “Heal Local!” Learn the basics to change your family’s health and save time and money by becoming more health sufficient. This introductory course will allow you to gain the confidence you need to make your own herbal remedies and products at home:
In just two short days of bootcamp, you too can learn the following:
- Basic home medicine making techniques and introduction to various forms of holistic medicine;
- Research techniques and reliable sources to sort through all the conflicting health info in the news and online so that you can make decisions with greater confidence;
- Basic planting, harvesting and processing techniques for your home grown herbs;
- First aid techniques so that you can treat basic issues at home;
- Native plant materia medica to familiarize you with important herbs
- Basic herbal health terminology
- How much, how often and how to scale herbal medicine to every member of your family
- Traditional food options, methods and lifestyle alterations that support herbal health
All materials and herbs for class as well as a copy of Heal Local, 20 Essential Herbs for Do-it-Yourself Home Healthcare are covered in the fee. Suggested further reading is Rosemary Gladstar’s Medicinal Herbs: A Beginner’s Guide: 33 Healing Herbs to Know, Grow, and Use.
Drinks and light refreshments will be provided, and participants are encouraged to pack a lunch.
2016 Heal Local™ Bootcamps
Saturday, March 4 – Sunday, March 5 (10:00 am – 4:00 pm)
Saturday, September 23 – Sunday, September 34 (10:00 am – 4:00 pm)